Get Involved With Hoofer Ambassadors
You do not need to be an active Hoofer member to join Hoofer Ambassadors.
Benefits of Being a Hoofer Ambassador
- Help make Hoofers more inclusive and welcoming to all!
- Personal development and growth in working with inclusion and diversity initiatives
- Leadership skills, good when looking for letters of recommendation or UW Madison Leadership Certificate
- FUN! A group of approachable and dedicated Hoofer leaders to connect with!
Hoofer Ambassador Responsibilities
- Have conversations about equity, diversity, and inclusion in the outdoors!
- Attend events that focus on social justice and environmental sustainability
- Attend bi-weekly meetings and trainings
- Collaborate with other organizations, such as the Multicultural Student Center (MSC), Outdoor Afro, Latino Outdoors, etc.
- Take a leadership position and collectively work towards changing the culture of Hoofers by developing our outreach through an intersectional lens
Frequently Asked Questions
What if I do not know a lot about social issues?
We are all learning! No matter where your social justice knowledge is at, everybody is encouraged to come and learn with us! Check out some of our resources to familiarize yourself a little better!
Where are the meetings?
Memorial Union, which is located at 800 Langdon St. Typically, the meetings take place in the Mendota Lodge, which is located in the Memorial Union basement right across from Outdoor UW. Check out this map for more information!
How can my organization collaborate with Hoofer Ambassadors?
Reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a time to meet and collaborate! We are always open to connect with other campus and community clubs.