Do you want to get outside and explore the Madison area, but don't know where to begin? Join us on an adventure!
Dates: April 16-18, 2021
All Out! is a FREE weekend of programming focused on introducing UW-Madison students to the outdoors. Co-sponsored by the Social Justice Hub, All Out! is intended for students with minimal experience in the outdoors and who face barriers to accessing outdoor recreational activities. The goal is to provide the knowledge, skills, and community for students to feel comfortable and confident participating in outdoor activities in the future.
It will consist of an in-person hike and community-building activities, virtual discussions, and information sessions. There will be a raffle with prizes, including outdoor gear donated by local businesses: Fjällräven Madison, REI, Fontana Sports, and the Ice Age Trail Alliance.
(Subject to change)
- Friday, April 16, 2021: in person, 4-7 pm
- ALPs (Adventure Learning Programs) ground workshop
- Hike to Picnic Point
- Saturday, April 17, 2021: virtual, 3-7 pm
- Discussions on outdoor basics, first aid, and navigation
- Cooking a trail meal synchronously
- Speaker and Q&A
- Sunday, April 18, 2021: in person, Noon-2pm
- Wrap up, reflections, and raffle!
Apply to participate in All Out! Click HERE for the application (should only take 10-15 minutes).
Applications are open to current UW undergraduate and graduate students as well as recent graduates from 2019-2020.
The application deadline is April 13th at 11:59pm.
- The event will be limited in number to follow the university's guidelines
- All in-person events will enforce physical distancing and require masks that cover the nose and mouth
- Masks and hand sanitizer will be available