Promoting accessibility and inclusion in outdoor pursuits at UW-Madison and in the greater Madison community
Who We Are
A community of passionate individuals who advocate for equitable access to nature and the outdoors.
As members of Hoofers Adapt, we:
- Brainstorm and implement new ways to promote accessibility in the outdoors
- Collaborate to plan accessible events with Hoofer clubs
- Help make adapted outdoor events a success
- Attend meetings to discuss important accessibility issues and plan future inclusive events
- Attend trainings to learn more about adapted outdoor recreation
By joining Hoofers Adapt, you will:
- Make a meaningful contribution toward promoting an inclusive outdoor community in Madison
- Gain hands on, practical experience in social justice, marketing, and leadership
- Expand personal and professional networks
Hoofers Adapt meetings are held in Mendota Lodge at the Memorial Union.
All upcoming events are cancelled due to the COVID-19 outbreak. Please check back soon for updates as to when we will be able to resume our activities.