Winter Carnival 2013
Hoofers will hold its Winter Carnival Thursday through Sunday, January 31 through February 3, at Memorial Union and the lakefront on Lake Mendota, Union South and Observatory Hill which will host the annual Rail Jam.
Thursday, January 31
- Ski and Snowboard Club Hat Day
- All Hoofer Spring Kickoff & Social, 7-9 pm, Great Hall, Memorial Union
Enjoy free snacks and learn about all six Hoofer clubs: Ski & Snowboard, Sailing, Outing, Mountaineering, SCUBA and Horseback Riding.
Friday, February 1
- Flannel Day: Wear flannel to celebrate!
- ***UPDATE: Carriage Rides have been CANCELLED due to weather conditions.
Saturday, February 2
- Rec Sports Iceless 3v3 Pond Hockey Tournament, 10 am- 6 pm, Union South Plaza. ***UPDATE: Registration is full.
- Ski & Snowboard Rail Jam, Observatory Hill: 1200 Observatory Drive. Registration 3-5PM; Practice 4-4:45PM; Competition 5-9PM. Live DJ and other entertainment will be present.
Sunday February 3
Union South Plaza Events:
- Free Hot Chocolate
- Live DJ
- Open Skating on Iceless Skating Rink, 10 am – 5 pm: free skate rentals will be available
- Ice Sculpting Show from WUD Art, 12 noon
Memorial Union Terrace Events:
- Ice Diving Show, 12 noon
- Snow Kiting Show, 3 pm
- Ice Tool Toss, 3 pm
- ***UPDATE: Snow Shoe & Cross Country Ski Rentals are cancelled due to poor ice conditions.
All events are subject to change. Continue to visit Hoofers.org for more information and updates.