Classes are underway and Hoofers has some upcoming events open to everyone!
Friday September 9th:
Union South Bash at Union South from 8pm-12am
Tuesday September 13th:
All Hoofer Kickoff at Memorial Union and the Lakefront from 7-10 pm
Wednesday September 14th:
Student Org Fair at the Kohl Center starting at 5pm
The votes are all in and counted. Congrats to the Council Executives for 2011-2012:
- President Angela Limbach
- VP Administration Synjin Mrkvicka
- VP Finance Michael Rugnetta
- VP Programs Max Olsen
- Secrtary Erin Umhoefer
As a reminder, the application for council chairs for 2011-2012 is still open through Friday, April 22nd. More information and the application form can be found on the post below.
Now that elections are underway, it's time to start thinking about the rest of next year's council.
Hoofer Council has seven chairs:Development, Education, Events, Historian, Marketing, Rennovation, and Technology.
Council Chairs must submit an application and will be appointed by the newly elected executive board. Chairs earn a voting position on Hoofer Council, a resume-building leadership expereince, and $9 memberships to all Hoofer Clubs. Applications are open to everyone, though you must join a Hoofer club before you accept.
Applications, attached below, are due to email@example.com byFriday April 22nd at 5pm.
|2011 Hoofer Council Chair Application.doc||142 KB|
Want to travel to exotic landscapes and remote cultures without even leaving Madison?
Well the BANFF Mountain Film Festival does just that! By bringing audiences up-close and personal with adrenaline-packed action sports, the 2010/2011 World Tour is an exhilarating and provocative exploration of the mountain world.
From approximately 260 films entered into the annual festival, award-winning films and audience favorites are among the films chosen to travel the globe.Join REI Madison and Wisconsin Hoofers when the Banff Mountain Film Festival World Tour brings the spirit of outdoor adventure to UW-Madison at the Barrymore Theatre on Tuesday, April 19th and Wednesday, April 20th at 7pm.
Want to be extra adventurous? Come join Hoofers Outing Club as they lead a group of BANFF film-goers on a bike ride to the Barrymore Theatre, leaving from Library Mall at 6pm. A free Bike Valet is provided while you enjoy the show!
Tickets are on sale at www.barrymorelive.com OR visit the Hoofers website for more information at www.hoofers.org
- President: Angela Limbach
- Secretary: Erin Umhoefer
- VP Finance: Michael Rugnetta
- VP Programs: Max Olsen
- VP Admin: Synjin Mrkvicka
Platforms are attached to this post as a PDF file.
- Hoofer Council Elections are open any Hoofer!
- Write-ins are allowed.
- Hoofer Council Elections use a Ranking System: please rank 1-2 (1 = first choice) if you include a write-in. This is used if there is a runof.
- You must include your name whether by paper ballot (on the back) or in the email
- Anonymous voting can only happen at the OPO by registering your name and receiving specially marked ballots
- Any unsigned ballots that were not registered with the OPO will be thrown out
- Every Hoofer gets 1 vote no matter how many clubs they belong to
- Elections close at 4pm on Friday 4/15
Where to Vote:
- Vote at your Board or Team Meeting; most meetings will have the candidates speak and answer questions this week
- Vote at the Office; voting will happen any time the OPO is open until 4pm on Friday. This is the only place you can vote anonymously
|council election platforms, 2011.pdf||164.52 KB|