Apply to be a Hoofer Council student leader! We are currently looking for new leaders for:
- Build yourself professionally and gain leadership experience.
- Receive discounted memberships to all clubs during your term in office.
- Network with students and alumni who have similar interests.
- Meet new people and have fun!
Have questions or want to meet
current leaders? Come to the Hoofer Leader Open House on March 6 from 6:30 - 8 pm for more
information and free food. Check TITU for the room location.
Send questions to email@example.com
The oldest and largest student organization is now looking for student leaders!
Now through February 22, Hoofer Council is seeking nominations for the following executive board positions: President, Vice President of Development, Vice President of Finance, Vice President of Programs and Vice President of Administration. Position descriptions can be found here.
If you are interested in nominating yourself or someone else, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the name of the person you are nominating, the position(s) you are nominating them for and his/her email address. The deadline for executive board nominations is 9 pm on February 22.
Applications for development, education, events, facilities, historian, marketing and technology chairs will open Feburary 25. Please check back here for application materials and instructions.
Please direct any questions to email@example.com
Hoofers will hold its Winter Carnival Thursday through Sunday, January 31 through February 3, at Memorial Union and the lakefront on Lake Mendota, Union South and Observatory Hill which will host the annual Rail Jam.
Thursday, January 31
- Ski and Snowboard Club Hat Day
- All Hoofer Spring Kickoff & Social, 7-9 pm, Great Hall, Memorial Union
Enjoy free snacks and learn about all six Hoofer clubs: Ski & Snowboard, Sailing, Outing, Mountaineering, SCUBA and Horseback Riding.
Friday, February 1
- Flannel Day: Wear flannel to celebrate!
- ***UPDATE: Carriage Rides have been CANCELLED due to weather conditions.
Saturday, February 2
- Rec Sports Iceless 3v3 Pond Hockey Tournament, 10 am- 6 pm, Union South Plaza. ***UPDATE: Registration is full.
- Ski & Snowboard Rail Jam, Observatory Hill: 1200 Observatory Drive. Registration 3-5PM; Practice 4-4:45PM; Competition 5-9PM. Live DJ and other entertainment will be present.
Sunday February 3
Union South Plaza Events:
- Free Hot Chocolate
- Live DJ
- Open Skating on Iceless Skating Rink, 10 am – 5 pm: free skate rentals will be available
- Ice Sculpting Show from WUD Art, 12 noon
Memorial Union Terrace Events:
- Ice Diving Show, 12 noon
- Snow Kiting Show, 3 pm
- Ice Tool Toss, 3 pm
- ***UPDATE: Snow Shoe & Cross Country Ski Rentals are cancelled due to poor ice conditions.
All events are subject to change. Continue to visit Hoofers.org for more information and updates.
Hoofer Council needs to reapprove its constitution and every Hoofer member gets a say in the process. The meeting to vote on the propossed changes will be Nov. 5th. You can check TITU to find where the meeting will be taking place.
The following change was made to the constitution:
The Secertary position has been remnamed VP-Developement and has become an Executive position. This change was made to better represent the role that Secretary has become over the years. The total number of executive positions will now be five and includes the VP-Development, VP-Programs, VP-Finance, VP-Administration, and President.
|Hoofer General Constitution for approval updated 10-24-12.doc||74 KB|
Join us for the 2012 All Hoofer Kickoff! Hoofers is the
largest and most well-known Outdoor Recreational Club at UW Madison and is
recognized World wide featuring six different clubs within including Sailing,
Ski & Snowboard, SCUBA, Riding, Mountaineering, and Outing! Each club is
ran separately and no prior experience is necessary! Get access to lessons,
equipment, and discounted trips across the country!
Come check out our Kickoff to learn more about each of the
clubs and have some refreshments. If you find one or more that interest you, The
Outdoor Programs Office will be present to sign you up!
The event will be held Wednesday,
September 19th from 7-9PM in Tripp Commons of Memorial Union.
(Please note that this is a change in location from previously advertised).