Hoofers will hold its Winter Carnival Thursday through Sunday, January 31 through February 3, at Memorial Union and the lakefront on Lake Mendota, Union South and Observatory Hill which will host the annual Rail Jam.
Thursday, January 31
- Ski and Snowboard Club Hat Day
- All Hoofer Spring Kickoff & Social, 7-9 pm, Great Hall, Memorial Union
Enjoy free snacks and learn about all six Hoofer clubs: Ski & Snowboard, Sailing, Outing, Mountaineering, SCUBA and Horseback Riding.
Friday, February 1
- Flannel Day: Wear flannel to celebrate!
- ***UPDATE: Carriage Rides have been CANCELLED due to weather conditions.
Saturday, February 2
- Rec Sports Iceless 3v3 Pond Hockey Tournament, 10 am- 6 pm, Union South Plaza. ***UPDATE: Registration is full.
- Ski & Snowboard Rail Jam, Observatory Hill: 1200 Observatory Drive. Registration 3-5PM; Practice 4-4:45PM; Competition 5-9PM. Live DJ and other entertainment will be present.
Sunday February 3
Union South Plaza Events:
- Free Hot Chocolate
- Live DJ
- Open Skating on Iceless Skating Rink, 10 am – 5 pm: free skate rentals will be available
- Ice Sculpting Show from WUD Art, 12 noon
Memorial Union Terrace Events:
- Ice Diving Show, 12 noon
- Snow Kiting Show, 3 pm
- Ice Tool Toss, 3 pm
- ***UPDATE: Snow Shoe & Cross Country Ski Rentals are cancelled due to poor ice conditions.
All events are subject to change. Continue to visit Hoofers.org for more information and updates.
Hoofer Council needs to reapprove its constitution and every Hoofer member gets a say in the process. The meeting to vote on the propossed changes will be Nov. 5th. You can check TITU to find where the meeting will be taking place.
The following change was made to the constitution:
The Secertary position has been remnamed VP-Developement and has become an Executive position. This change was made to better represent the role that Secretary has become over the years. The total number of executive positions will now be five and includes the VP-Development, VP-Programs, VP-Finance, VP-Administration, and President.
|Hoofer General Constitution for approval updated 10-24-12.doc||74 KB|
Join us for the 2012 All Hoofer Kickoff! Hoofers is the
largest and most well-known Outdoor Recreational Club at UW Madison and is
recognized World wide featuring six different clubs within including Sailing,
Ski & Snowboard, SCUBA, Riding, Mountaineering, and Outing! Each club is
ran separately and no prior experience is necessary! Get access to lessons,
equipment, and discounted trips across the country!
Come check out our Kickoff to learn more about each of the
clubs and have some refreshments. If you find one or more that interest you, The
Outdoor Programs Office will be present to sign you up!
The event will be held Wednesday,
September 19th from 7-9PM in Tripp Commons of Memorial Union.
(Please note that this is a change in location from previously advertised).
Congratulations to our Hoofer Award winners! They all put in a tremendous amount of dedication and time and we're happy to recognize their efforts.
Hoofer of the Year: Brady Ernst (SnS)
Rookie of the Year: Fran Theisen (Riding)
Team Effort of the Year: HoofPrints Team- Katie Klinger, Preston Knapp, Chelsea Anderson, & Joe Webb
Club of the Year: Mountaineering Club
Distinguished Achievement: Tony Hokaj (Riding)
Lifetime Achievement & Dr. Harold C. Bradley Leadership Award: Angela Limbach (Council)
Hoofer Leadership Award: Paul Birrittella, Ella Stutz, Mike Rugnetta